New Owner for Peel Airports

VANCOUVER AIRPORT Services (YVRAS) has formalised a deal to acquire a 65% stake in Peel Airports, which owns Durham Tess Valley, Liverpool’s John Lennon and Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield airports in the UK.  The remaining 35% shareholding will remain with Peel Holdings, which will retain a presence on the board of each facility.  Peel Airports owns John Lennon and Robin Hood airports outright, but local borough councils hold a 25% stake at Durham Tees Valley.
Vancouver Airport Services is jointly owned by Vancouver Airport Authority and Citi Infrastructure Investors and currently operates or holds stakes in 19 airports across the globe, Santiago’s Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport in Chile, Larnaca and Paphos in Cyprus and other facilities in Canada and across the Caribbean.