Joint Trans-Tasman Network Revealed

AIR NEW ZEALAND (ANZ) and Virgin Australia have announced plans for the new-look joint trans-Tasman network, a key part of their recently formed alliance.  The revised flight network will connect ANZ’s domestic network of 26 ports to the 31 ports on Virgin Australia’s domestic schedule and will become effective at the start of the Southern Summer schedule (November 2011-March 2012).  Under the revised network ANZ will operate approximately 70% of the capacity with the remaining 30% picked up by Virgin Australia, this being close to each company’s market share prior to the start of their alliance.  Since receiving Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and New Zealand Ministry of Transport approval in December 2010, both airlines have had dedicated teams working closely together to optimise the network and ensure more convenient flight times for passengers.