ATC Global announced today that it will be hosting the new ATC Global Excellence Awards in association with Air Traffic Management magazine at the 2013 Conference and Exhibition in Amsterdam. The ATC Global Excellence Awards will recognise exceptional leadership and outstanding contributions by individuals and organisations. As the only independent global event in the ATM calendar, these awards will shine an impartial light on progress across every industry sector and geographical region.
Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs), technology providers, aircraft operators, airports and large-scale industry partnerships will be judged in nine separate categories designed to reflect the changing priorities within the industry. The Excellence Awards will be the first to recognise individuals for their lasting commitment to the industry, with one award uniquely being chosen through an ATM community vote. The ATC Global Excellence Awards will also reflect the industry’s current priorities of safety, performance and environmental impact, and categories will breakdown to geographical region when looking at subjects such as ANSP management.
Paula Milburn, ATC Global Director, said: “As the ATM industry comes together in Amsterdam for the 23rd ATC Global Conference and Exhibition, it is fitting that they should also be uniting to celebrate success. The ATC Global Excellence Awards have been developed in consultation with industry experts and will recognise the work of organisations and individuals that have been instrumental in driving the ATM industry forward. A distinguished independent panel of judges will apply their breadth of industry knowledge and expertise and ensure that the upmost integrity is applied in selecting the winners who will be announced at a prestigious ceremony at the industry’s leading annual event.”
“Air Traffic Management is delighted to have formed this partnership with ATC Global in order to launch the Excellence Awards. ATC Global is a hugely strong brand with a great history and following and we are relishing the opportunity to bring something very fresh and vibrant to these new awards,” said Aimée Turner, Editor of Air Traffic Management.
The 2012 VIP Dinner proved a huge success with the attendance of 350 senior industry representatives and an inspirational speech by the astronaut, Buzz Aldrin. In 2013, The ATC Global Excellence Awards ceremony will take place alongside the ATC Global VIP Dinner in the Grand Elicium Ball Room at the Amsterdam RAI on Tuesday 12th March.
Online entry for award submission will open on 19th September 2012; more detailed information on the awards is available at www.atcglobalhub.com/awards, the full list of award categories are as follows:
- International Partnership: Recognising ANSP collaboration.
- Industry Partnership: Recognising collaboration amongst other aviation stakeholders.
- Safety Leadership: Recognising initiatives that have enhanced ATM safety.
- Excellence in ANSP Management worldwide: Recognising exceptional ANSP management in different regions of the world.
- Outstanding contribution to the next generation of ATM: Recognising enabling technology contributing to enhanced ATM performance or transformation.
- Environmental Award: Recognising contribution to the creation, development and implementation of measures that produce environmental benefits.
- The ATM Magazine Atlantic Award: Excellence in the application of next generation satellite-based navigation technology.
- Executive Leadership Award: Recognising exceptional leadership and contribution to the industry by an individual: votes open to the entire ATM community.
- ATC Global Award for Strategic Advancement in Air Transport: Recognising an individual’s lasting contribution to the strategic advancement in air transport.