The 12th Airports Council International (ACI) Asia-Pacific Regional Assembly concluded yesterday with two resolutions adopted and Board Directors elected.
The two resolutions were unanimously adopted by the ACI Asia-Pacific members:
• Call for mutual support within airport community
• Call for airports to consider strengthening landside security
Mrs Patti Chau, Regional Director said: “At the 12th ACI Asia-Pacific Regional Assembly, we called upon members to provide mutual support within the airport community by taking part in ACI APEX in Safety and Security programmes and make use of ACI training courses and seminars as we work together towards long-term sustainability and growth of the air transport industry. Through this resolution, we wish to provide a positive response to ICAO’s No Country Left Behind campaign and remind our members of the ACI services available. The second resolution called upon our members to consider enhancing landside security, through practical and common-sense approaches.”
The ACI Asia-Pacific Regional Assembly also elected 13 Regional Board Directors for a three-year term.
Re-elected for three-year term:
• Sulaiman ABIDIN (Yangon, Myanmar)
• Ali Salim AL MIDFA (Sharjah, United Arab Emirates)
• Xue Song LIU (Beijing, China)
• Derun LI (Shanghai, China)
• Pedro Roy MARTINEZ (Guam)
• A Chandrakumaran NAIR (Cochin, India)
• Sasisubha SUKONTASAP (Thailand)
• Il-Hwan SUNG (Korea)
• Dar-jen TSENG (Taoyuan, Chinese Taipei)
Elected for three-year term:
• Turki Abdullah AL-JAWINI (Saudi Arabia)
• Gholam Hossain BAGHERIAN (Iran)
• Eric DELOBEL (Cambodia)
• Greg FORDHAM (Airbiz, representing World Business Partners)
Commenting on the elections, Mrs. Chau said: “I wish to congratulate all elected members of the Board. Together with our President, we look forward to working closely with our Board in strengthening ACI Asia-Pacific’s role in representing our airport members in the region and acting as the voice of the Asia-Pacific Airports. I am confident that this new Board composition will bring new insights to the development of the airport industry in the Asia-Pacific Region.”
ACI Asia-Pacific Regional Board is a governing body which determines the overall development strategy of ACI Asia-Pacific region. The Board is composed of 25 aviation business leaders across the Asia-Pacific region.