The UK airline and airport assistance services provider, OmniServ, part of the ABM Group, has teamed up with disability charity Queen Elizabeth’s Foundation for Disabled People (QEF) to launch a ‘QEF Apprentice Challenge’, putting team members through their paces to try and sell the highest number of goods across a number of QEF charity shops around Surrey.
Team’s will be judged on who sells the most, who has created the best window display (as voted by the general public), and which team has signed up the most gift aiders.
“At OmniServ, we are constantly working to ensure that travel is accessible for everyone, regardless of their assistance needs. As such, we are delighted to be supporting the vital work that QEF does, in line with those same values,” said OmniServ Group Managing Director Antony Marke. “Never one to shy away from a challenge, it’s great to see so many of our team members getting on board with this exciting charity fundraising event to raise money for a great cause. I’m looking forward to taking on the Lord Sugar role – but should make very clear that it’s all in the name of fun and, at the end of the day, no one will be getting fired!”
The six teams, each named after one of ABM’s core values, are being led by a senior Project Manager and will cover the following QEF charity shop locations across Surrey:
- Team Collaboration: Led by Fiona Rayner, Head of Experiential & International Operations for Blackjack Promotions at 134 Walton Road, East Molesey on November 1, 2019.
- Team Integrity: Led by Paul Williams, Head of Business Development for OmniServ at 6 North Parade, Chessington on November 4, 2019.
- Team Respect: Led by Leanne Nutter, Head of Travel Retail for Blackjack Promotions at 33-35 High Street, Leatherhead on November 5, 2019.
- Team Innovation: Led by Nikki Fisher, Head of Staffing for Blackjack Promotions at 96 High Street, Banstead on November 6, 2019.
- Team Trust: Led by Steve Foran, Customer Service Manager for OmniServ at 8 Craddock Avenue, Ashtead on November 7, 2019.
- Team Excellence: Led by Rob Stevanonic, Senior Commercial Manager for OmniServ at 99 Central Road, Worcester Park on November 8, 2019
QEF is a national disability charity with more than 80 years’ experience of developing innovative services which support people with disabilities to increase their independence and achieve their goals in life, including accessing aviation. The charity works with over 5,000 children and adults every year with physical or learning disabilities or acquired brain injuries.
The initiative is part of an ongoing charity partnership with QEF, announced at the beginning of 2019, whereby OmniServ pledged to support QEF as part of its continued commitment to making air travel accessible for everyone.
You can follow updates on the OmniServ ‘QEF Apprentice Challenge’ via social media, using #ApprenticeQEF