A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Flight Physics Team Leader, working closely with the Flight Simulation, Flight Control Laws, Operations, and Flight Test departments within the Calculation Team.
Our Calculation team works alongside highly-qualified engineers using low and high-fidelity calculation and optimization methods to ensure our aircraft and systems achieves our performance targets. We use state-of-the-art systems to deliver rapid results and encourage innovative thinking to achieve the best solutions.
We are looking for an outstanding Flight Physics Engineer with aircraft performance and flight mechanics experience to join our innovative team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility. In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work within the rapidly growing Calculation department.
Your Day to Day:
- Take the leading role for the development of the flight performance simulation environment and performance requirements
- Develop a throughout understanding of the aerodynamics of our unique aircraft configuration to to derive acceptable performance targets and means of compliance for certification
- Working closely together with the Aerodynamics team to propose and perform numerical simulations and post-processing of all related results
- Working closely together with the Propulsion and Energy Storage departments to optimize the engine/airframe modeling approach
- Support the Operations team with the development and analyses of flight trajectories
- Create engineering and certifications reports
- Actively help shape processes within the department
- Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks
- M.Sc. or PhD in Aerospace Engineering required
- 5+ years of professional experience in performance certification (CS.23/25 and/or CS.27/29)
- 5+ years of professional experience in aircraft operations with focus on performance optimization
- 5+ years of professional experience in an aerodynamic design and development environment
- In-depth knowledge of design and optimization techniques applicable to aircraft aerodynamics
- Experience with handling qualities and flight test interfaces is a strong plus
- Clear communicator and team player
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style is a must
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.